Saturday 25 July 2015

Runaway a mothers journey through the darkness


Runaway

Can’t believe I want to run,
That I don’t want to be a Mum,
I need to leave him safely here,
Deal with my guilt and hurt and fear,
What an awful person I am,
Things are not going according to plan,
I hate myself for feeling this way,
So numb, so desperate, so very grey,

I wish I had had a crystal ball,
Unveiling the grey to reveal all,
That given time I would feel love,
And I would begin again to feel good,
That I would realise I was very unwell,
Down to the way the fated cards fell,
On that day he entered this earth,
And slowly again I would feel my worth,

The light would begin to brightly shine,
And I would finally feel that he’s mine,
And I would no longer blame myself,
For all those strange feelings that I had once felt,
This illness it made me feel so cold,
His birth made me feel so very old,
But my youth has returned and with it my light,
And I am so glad I chose to put up a fight,

The journey’s been long the fight has been hard,
I have been left bruised, battered and scarred,
But I will use this to help you to see,
Even though now you might not believe me,
You will feel like the person you were before,
You will be strong and feisty once more,
You will again laugh, dance and smile,

And you’ll share all of this with your beautiful child.
Mums' Days

2 comments:

  1. What a raw poem; very sad to start with, but winning in the end. Becoming mum is one of the hardest things for some of us, and not wanting it is definitely understandable. But somehow we plod on, somehow we embrace it, and somehow we thrive in it. So glad light is shinning through the darkness for you and you're in moving in to a better place as the day goes. Thanks for sharing. #TheList

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment - it was a raw one to write but an important one! It's a roller coaster alright but I'm still glad I got on the ride - there are lots more highs than lows now xx

    ReplyDelete